Saturday, April 18, 2015

Body Beast! Week 1




I started Body Beast last Sunday on


 April 12th. 

WE DID IT! 

We got through week 1 of Body Beast!!! 




There are 3 weeks of workouts in Block 1- Build. 

6 weeks of workouts in Block 2- Bulk

3 weeks of workouts in Block 3- Beast


 We have made it through the first week with flying colors. I am so happy to be able to actually do this workout program. Day 2 -Legs and day 5 were the most challenging. Leg day was really tough because of my knees but I got through it. Day 5 -Total body workout was tough because I was sore all over, lol, which is a good thing. No pain, no gain!

One thing you get to do on this is eat. So much food. Really to much food for us. But I do like the eating every two hours. You don't get hungry and go after all the bad stuff. We eat pretty healthy anyway so just have to make sure we get enough of the proteins, fats, veggies, fruits starches, legumes, and  carbs. The book makes this easy to do. You get a lot more starches in Phase 1 and 2 and then in the last phase you get very little starches and lots of proteins. This is a really good program. 

We are also drinking our Shakeology for one meal a day. The chocolate is to strong for me so I use less than one scoop but Don really likes it. I send him out the door with a shake in his hand for breakfast. He drinks it on his way to work. I add different foods to it according to the recipes that came with it. 
I added a tablespoon of peanut butter this morning and Don really liked it. 

We also have to go get Don some heavier weights.  The one I have only go up to 24 pounds and he is already using that on some of the  moves. 


Day 1-Build Chest and Tris
 I was thrilled with the workout. Didn't have any problems with it at all. Did take it easy with the amount of weights I used until I knew what to expect. Better safe than sorry. I used  3, 4, and 5 lb weights.


Day 2- Build Legs
Much more of a challenge for me because of my knees but I pushed through it. I did get all the way through. I used 4, 5, and 6 lb weights


I try to watch the workout for the next day so I know what  to expect. Glad I did. I ran to Academy Sports Center and got a Pull Up Assist. It goes on the Chin up Bar to put one foot in to help you do your pull ups a little easier. 

Also got 2 bands and a door anchor so I could do my pull ups that way. I have no upper body strength in my arms so I know I can't do the pull up bar.




Day 3- Build Back and Bis
Once again I was happy to be able to stay with it the entire workout.  Still keeping the weights light so as not to hurt myself. But. hey, I am doing it!!!!  Did notice some soreness in my arms and even more in my legs. NO PAIN, NO GAIN!!!  I also walked 1 hour on the treadmill.  I used 5, 6, and 9 lb weights.


Day 4- Build Shoulders
Loved doing this day also. It was a little harder than I was hoping for but I got through it. WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!!  I also walked an hour and a half on the treadmill and walked 2 miles outside.  I used 4, 5,  and 6 lb weights.

I feel like I need to take a bath in BioFreeze. 

I did use quite a bit of it on my legs.  I don't know why I didn't think to heat up the hot tub tonight.  Bet I will tomorrow.

 Also getting in our massage chairs. Awwww nice! Had no idea when we got these, how much we would need them right now. lol


I watched Body Beast cardio cd and know without question, I can't do it. To much jumping and bending the knees and no~ I can't do it. No need trying. The nice thing is he says if you can't do it, do the Huge Beast but still eat the Lean Beast way. OK! I can do that. So instead of the cardio, it's a total body workout with abs following. I checked out the cd on it and it will be hard but I can do it. Really feeling my legs today. Whoa!  It's all good. :)

Day 5-  Total Body and Abs
It was hard. I really didn't want to do it but sucked it up and got it done. Whew!!! Then after I finished, I realized I still needed to do the abs workout. Thank goodness it was only 10 minutes. But it was a trying 10 minutes but I did it!!!  I used 
6 and 7 lb weights with the Total Body workout and a 5 lb 
weight with the Abs workout. 


Day 6- REST!!!!!! Love this day!!!!   I need this day to rest and get some of the soreness to go away.

Day 7- Build Chest and Tris
This was a repeat of day one although it seemed harder to me today than it did on the first day. I was using heavier weights
so that is probably why, plus I had just come in from walking 
an hour. I used 4, 5, and 6 lb weights. 

I am so excited that I got through week one with no problem.  

Only 11 weeks to go!!!

I want this shirt. You  can't buy it, you have to earn it!! I am 7 days closer to earning it. 



Now to tackle Week 2 head on!!! 

Week two is going to be a little harder as there are two days 
of leg workouts. On day 1 and again on day 6.  Whew!
But not Total Workout. That's a good thing!





I do my workouts during the day before Don gets home, then I coach him, and help keep his weights ready for him, and I write everything down for him. It works out really well that way. 



Don has done great this first week also. He has hung in there even though I know there were a couple days he really didn't feel like it.  He had to come home and do some things then work out later. But he did it!!!!! 

xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: