Sunday, May 10, 2015

Body Beast-Week 4


WEEK 4 OF 12

We did it!!!! 

We are now through Block 1. So happy to be finished with one portion of this. We are really having to work around other plans and 


trips to get our workouts in but if there is a will, there is a way. If you want to find an excuse not to do your workout, you will, but if you want to find a way, you can! We have not missed any of our workouts.  I love this program! I really am loving the effects it is having on our bodies. Can't wait to get to the end and see the final results. 



Only 8 weeks left!!!!
body-beast-getting-ready
Love seeing the days being crossed off. Cant wait to get to July 4th!!!!




When I first started this program Leg Day was my least favorite. It was just so hard for me to get through, but I did. Now as much as I don't like leg day, it is my favorite because of the drastic changes I am seeing in my legs. Wow! I am loving this program. I am ready to do legs everyday. NOT!! lol



We are still enjoying our shakes. We have tried different versions of it and love them all. Makes a great breakfast and easy for Don to leave for work with. He drinks it on his way to work.



We did go get Don some more weights as mine only go up to 24 lbs and he is ready for heavier weights than that. These go up to 110 lbs. That should work for a little while. 





Day 1-Chest

Kicked butt today. Don and I worked out together and we both had no trouble with this. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I used 7, 9, and 12 lb weights.

Day 2- Legs
I turned 60 years young today. REALLY!! Legs day on my birthday. My least favorite day. I sucked it up and just did it. I say leg day is my least favorite and it is but it is also my favorite. We just started into Week 4 and I already see a major difference in my legs. My legs and my batwings are the main reason I decided to try Body Beast. My legs were really depressing me. It seemed like all of a sudden they looked like heavy cottage cheese and crepe paper. I was hating them. I have done a lot of different kinds of exercising and nothing seemed to help in these areas. Wow, I don't enjoy the leg workout but I love the look I am getting. I went up on my weights today but will definitely stay the same on the next leg day. I used 9, 12, and 15 lb weights.

Day 3-BackBis
This has been one of my favorite days since day 1. It was a little harder today as we are now in Block 2 and I used heavier weights. I used 9, 12, and 15 lb weights. I will probably not go up much higher on the weights. I am amazed that I can do the 15 lb weights at all. When I first started this program, I was using 3, 4, and 5 lb weights. Wow! What a change already.

Day4-Arms/Abs
OMG! I watched this workout before I actually did it to see what was involved. I didn't see it as being that hard but it has by far been my hardest workout yet. Sagi kick my butt today. I thought I would use 7, 9, and 12 lb weights. Which I did on the first two sets but after that it was 5 lb weights all the way. I have never had any upper arm strength and today really proved that. This was super hard for me but I did it!!!! And then I realized I still had the Abs workout to do.Whew!!!! Exhausted, but happy to have this day behind me.

Day 5- Shoulders
Just finished the shoulders workout. Was a little worried about it after yesterdays workout with arms. It wasn't so bad today, thats not saying it wasn't hard, just not as hard as yesterday. Looking forward to tomorrow. Rest day.!! I need it! I used 5, 7, and 9 lb weights today. 

Day 6 Rest
Completely enjoyed having this day off. Enjoying while I can. 

Day 7- Chest 
There was two chest workouts this week. This was a little hard today. I did a lot of work outside today and was just very tired. Should have done this early in the morning instead of waiting until evening. I didn't go up on my weights. I stayed at 7, 9, and 12 lbs. 

Don did great with his workouts this week. He just comes home and gets them done. So proud of him. Only 8 more weeks!!!

Now that week 4 is over, we will be taking our photos again, and also our measurements and we will weigh ourselves in the morning. I used to weigh every single morning but I haven't stepped on the scale in 4 weeks. Wow!

Bring on week 5!!!!

body-beast-getting-ready

body-beast-week-1

body-beast-week-2


body-beast-week-3

xoxo
Lenetta

No comments: